Followers

Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Card for a Dear Friend

This card I made for a new friend of mine. We met on a Facebook game. She is a remarkable woman who has been through a lot. Since I am not sharing her name I think I can share part of her story. She is a survivor of Sept. 11, 2001. She was on the 73 floor of Tower 2 on that day that will never be forgotten. How we began talking about her story is beyond me, but I am extremely honored that she confided in me. Well we stayed up late last night/early morning chatting and I knew I wanted to make a card letting her know that I am thinking of her. This month has to be extremely difficult for her and I wanted her to know she wasn't alone.

Now as far as the card itself goes, I made it using Sweet Sketch Wednesday's sketch # 13. All supplies are SU except the flower and pearl.
I used dimensionals to raise sentiment.

I colored a white paper flower black with my SU marker.

8 comments:

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a beautiful card! and how very thoughtful of you! I'm sure that she will adore your card :)
TFS! Enjoy the rest of your weekend :*)

Teri said...

Great card! My thoughts to your friend. . .
Thanks for joining us at SSW this week.
Hugs,
Teri x

Unknown said...

Oh Juanita...How sweet are you!!...I am sure she will absolutely LOVE it...Gorgeous...Just like you! Xx

mulberry station said...

How touching. I am sure your friend will love the card too. Thanks for joining us at SSW.

Arlana 11426 said...

How sweet that you would do this for your new friend. I love your colors. Thanks for playing along @ SSW!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous and elegant--I love the colors and the houndstooth paper! I'm sure this card will make her smile.

Stampin Mindy said...

SO cute! Love the tree! I finally watched Twilight this weeked I really liked it! Ohh Found a blog for you too, http://anyoneforanya.blogspot.com/ Enjoy! Hope you had a great weekend!

Sheri Gilson said...

Very pretty card!! Thanks for playing along with us at SSW!!

Sheri