Followers

Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Double Take on Christmas Cards

I know, I know your thinking Christmas cards already. Well I found this challenge blog called Scrapmaster's Paradise Presents Color Combo or SPCC. This weeks challenge called Christmas Combo #2 was to use Old Olive, Handsome Hunter and Real Red. I made these 2 cards because at Sweet Sketch Wednesday their challenge is a double take or 2 different sketches. I wasn't sure if I chose just one or if I needed to do both so I just decided to do both sketches.

While making these cards, I came to the conclusion that I prefer coloring in images over solid stamp images. A big shock since just a few months ago I hated coloring in anything, lol. I owe it all to Mindy, she always makes us color at stamp class. Now I need to find new Christmas stamps because most of mine are solid images. Supplies All SU except the hohoho stamp that I got from the Michael's dollar bin last year.



11 comments:

Stephanie said...

These are beautiful cards! Great job with the SPCC colors! Thanks for playing with us this week!

thescrapmaster said...

Hey Juanita! You did an amazing job with the colors!! I really love the snow swirled card!

Just an FYI, the Christmas combo is NOT the weekly challenge for the prize. The Christmas one is just for fun. I just want to make sure you know since you mentioned you were a newbie :O)

Welcome to SPCC!! It is great to have you and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Hugs,
Samantha

thescrapmaster said...

Good :O) Then I hope you will play along with SPCC#15 too!

Hugs,
Samantha

mulberry station said...

Beautiful cards! Loe the first one. Thanks for joining us again @ SSW.

Anonymous said...

These colors look really good together--I never would have known--now I do! Both of these cards are great, Juanita! Good for you, starting early on Christmas!

Teri said...

Excellent cards!! Well done for using BOTH sketches from Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Love those colours too.
Hugs,
Teri x

Emily said...

Wow! Love all these cards. Great job

Emily-SP Diva

Arlana 11426 said...

Such beautiful cards they will make such fun christmas cards. thanks for playing my sketches @SSW!!!

Liz Weber said...

Oh nice one with the combination of challenges - I just love that colour scheme and the cards you have created using the SSW sketches this week are gorgeous - thanks for joining in the fun with us.

Katie Skiff said...

Fun cards!! Thanks for playing with SSW!

Sheri Gilson said...

Very cute!! Thanks for playing with us at SSW!!

Sheri